Harmonix and Hidden Path Entertainment are collaborating on a “music-driven” FPS.
Rock Band and Dance Central developer Harmonix has announced that it’s collaborating with Hidden Path Entertainment (of CS:GO fame) on a new game called Chroma, a “music-driven” online FPS for PC.
“Chroma has been a dream project of mine for some time,” said Harmonix co-founder and CEO Alex Rigopulos. “Watching the teams at Harmonix and Hidden Path begin to bring this vision to life has been tremendously exciting. We’re also thrilled to release an alpha version of this game and to evolve it in collaboration with our players. We can’t wait to hear what people think of this new approach to both first-person shooters and music games.”
Here’s the game’s official description, from the press release:
• Music-driven FPS gameplay – Music matters. Chroma features innovative first-person shooter mechanics that tie the game’s soundtrack directly to combat, traversal, and more.
• Music is your weapon – Unleash streams of sound and music with your arsenal and bring the musical landscape to life in battle! From deep wobbling bass to the crunch of an electric guitar, crushing metal drums to poppy synths, choose a weapon load-out that reflects your musical tastes and personal style and take your sounds into battle.
• Band together – Your team is your band: Join up with your friends and battle for glory.. Master multiple classes, each with their own unique musical gameplay mechanics and perks, and lead your team to victory.
• Conquer shifting terrain – “Change Ups” at major musical moments dramatically alter the landscape of the battlefield in real time both physically and strategically, raising sniper towers, adding cover, and more in sync with the music.
• Free-to-play, but not “pay-to-win” – Free to jump in and play with deep customization, but smartly designed to preserve a fun and fair experience for all players.
Chroma is scheduled to launch later this year on Steam, and will be free-to-play when it does. You can sign up for alpha and find out more on its official website.
AION Online Free to Play – Growing Asmodian Ranger Walkthrough Part 106.
Video Rating: 0 / 5