Disney’s newest live-action movie, Beauty and the Beast, had a massive opening domestically and internationally. According to first-weekend box office estimates posted by Entertainment Weekly, the film made $ 170 million in the US for the Friday-Sunday period.
This performance topples Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice ($ 166 million), which was the previous first-weekend record-holder for March.
Internationally, Beauty and the Beast pulled in $ 180 million for its opening weekend, giving the movie a total of $ 350 million. In just three days. It had a reported production budget of $ 160 million.
Rounding out the top five movies at the US box office this weekend were Kong: Skull Island ($ 28.9 million), Logan ($ 17.5 million), Get Out ($ 13.2 million), and The Shack ($ 6.1 million).
You can see the Top 10 March 17-19 estimates below, via EW:
- Beauty and the Beast – $ 170 million
- Kong: Skull Island – $ 28.9 million
- Logan – $ 17.5 million
- Get Out – $ 13.2 million
- The Shack – $ 6.1 million
- The Lego Batman Movie – $ 4.7 million
- The Belko Experiment – $ 4.1 million
- Hidden Figures – $ 1.5 million
- John Wick: Chapter 2 – $ 1.2 million
- Before I Fall – $ 1 million
This story has been updated and corrected.
Incoming search terms:
- us box office top 10