As the next phase of the living story and the first Guild Wars 2 anniversary approach, ArenaNet has a few details to share regarding the update scheduled to land next Tuesday, August 20th. Much like our preview of last week’s content, there’s quite a bit of care going into spoiler control. Keep your eyes peeled for any surprises that may be in store during the next few days! QuoteBELLEVUE, Wash. – Aug. 13, 2013: ArenaNet today announced Queen’s Speech, the latest content update for Guild Wars 2, going live Aug. 20. The update is the last before the game’s one-year anniversary and represents ArenaNet’s ongoing commitment to delivering players new content faster than any Western competitor.
Queen’s Speech builds on the previous Living World update, Queen’s Jubilee, in which players celebrated 10 years of Queen Jennah’s rule with hot air balloon rides, pomp and circumstance, and the unveiling of the Crown Pavilion, a new gladiatorial arena. In the newest update, Queen Jennah has gathered the inhabitants of Kryta to give a state-of-the-nation address and reflect on her years in power. But an air of mystery hangs over the occasion, leaving players to wonder what might be in store…only time will tell.
· Birthday Gifts: Players who created characters when Guild Wars 2 launched last August will receive a gift as their characters reach their first birthdays. Included will be a Mini Queen Jennah, a 24-hour Birthday Booster and a Scroll of Experience.
· Infinite Watchknight Tonic: Players who complete the Queen’s Speech meta achievement will receive a tonic that allows them to transform into a Watchknight at any time.
· Ten Days of Black Lion Sales: Each day for 10 consecutive days – starting Friday, Aug. 23, at 12:01 a.m. (PT) – players will be able to purchase items and weapon skins that had limited sales during the game’s first year from the Black Lion Trading Company.
· World vs. World XP / Point Adjustments: Earning World Experience will be easier for players playing normally in WvW as the WXP rate will be increased across the board. World Ability Points also will be adjusted so that a player’s total points will equal his or her current rank. New characters will start with one Ability Point, and all existing characters will receive one more.
· World vs. World Trebuchet Mastery: A new Trebuchet Mastery ability line will allow players to increase their efficiency with trebuchets by increasing the basic shot damage and hit radius, and adding a new supply-draining effect to the basic shot. Players can also learn a new Healing Oasis skill that provides healing to teammates.